Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Stoned Patio (or at least a great drinking spot)



The 2 patios have been stoned and look beautiful!
Tom & Mandy did a spectacular job!
Very challenging, like piecing a puzzle together. The first few days were a little rough but they ended up getting a routine going. Each piece is fit in individually and "dry stacked", which means there is no grout inbetween the stones like ceramic tiles to hold everything in place.
These only have mortar on the metal lath & the back of the stone, so each stone needs to support the other.
I did help on occasion, when Tom was tied up, he sent in the "second string" (me) on non-baby days.
Mandy & I worked great together, not that Tom needed to know that, we actually were in tune with which stone size & color went where (but damn she's picky!).
I wasn't too keen on using the wet saw to cut the stones though if they needed an edge trimmed or a hump shaved & when you see my husband after using it, you'll understand.
You'll also be proud of me-I never caved-despite the pressure of Mandy mumbling while having to climb down from her high horse-oops-I mean scaffolding to use the saw until Tom came back. The cement dust mixed with the water really does a number on your face & hair.
Hey! I'm not a wimp-Mandy doesn't like it either!
We just let Tom do it!
Just look at the pic of Tom above, cripes-he can't even see out of his glasses!
He also looks like this when they're tiling-am I blessed or what?
















The

No comments: