I'm spoiled, (no news there) and in all honesty; I get bored when Tom & Mandy are working so diligently in trying to achieve our goal. Sometimes I actually feel guilty that Mandy is spending so much time on the day to day construction of our home & I'm spending so much time with Eva.
I think about how Tom & I took classes last fall at the local vocational school for finish carpentry & I was so psyched! We were doing this together!!!
How exciting....Tom bought me a 12" chop saw-what more could a girl ask for??
OK Ladies...when was the last time you used a 12" chop saw??? Do you know what a chop saw is?? Do you realize how big a 12" blade really is?
(& how bad we really look in those safety glasses?)hmmmm...note to self....new business venture...chic but functional (we put the fun in functional) safety glasses.
(Mandy....no comment here please)
Anyway I digress...I'm a little anal ( OK, OK maybe more that a little). We had a great instructor & everything he said I took at face value. I'm very careful-I like all 10 digits intact, Tom gets good back scratches that way. I wear my safety glasses (I have a history of scratched corneas), I double check (& OK ,triple check) all my calculations.
Then I watch Tom & Mandy play with my saw... they shout out measurements to each other...no one double checks...they don't wear safety glasses all the time....this comfort level may come with long term use; but hey, I have the basics & that's enough. I know I can do it if I have to.
So, on the days when Eva & I do not HAVE to be here to make decisions on what goes where...or the placement of porcelain tile, or color choices, or outlet placement, or any of a hundred other decisions we make on a daily basis as Eva straddles my hip;
(which are token questions since once I pick out the tile & colors, we all know Mandy & Tom
no longer need me) but since I'm the Lady of the Manor & Auntie Martha-they humor me.
So what are two girls going to do when they are no longer needed on the job site????
GO SHOPPING!!!!
1 comment:
Don't worry about me!! I love working on the house- and I have my mommy daughter time, too! I'm so glad that Eva loves her Auntie Martha so much- she's a little spoiled- but what girl doesn't love to be spoiled! You guys spoil me too- we're family now- I expect to be working on your house for a while... months... maybe years... (don't worry- it'll get done SOMEDAY!) HaHa!
Post a Comment