Friday, August 25, 2006

Kitchen Cupboards


Well we're getting closer, upper cupboards are now installed in the kitchen & we're starting to narrow down the decisions on counter top; too damn many choices, materials & colors.
Then there's the wall stove & cook top vs. standard oven w/cooktop attached. Do we want a glass topped gas cook top w/an electric oven?? Standard gas cook top with gas oven? 4 or 5 burners? Convection in oven or microwave?? What we thought was definitely going to be a 36" stove (remember we moved all the cabinets?!?!), might now be a 30".
I'm telling you right now, the little 24" apartment size gas oven in the pantry we've been using for the last 10 months works just fine! But what do I know??? I only bake cookies & pies & scrambled eggs.
So far we've decided on the dishwasher (didn't take me anytime at all), the flooring and the backsplash.
But come Sept 7th all interior work stops & we have to focus on the exterior while we still have the weather to do it. So, any decisions not made by then will just have to wait...





No comments: