Thursday, July 06, 2006

Well you know, things have been challenging, there are days I actually question my sanity.
Your house is not your own as a rule at this time, you share it with the people who are trying to help make it yours; follow thru on what your desires & wishes are.
Think about always having someone in your house every day...they're not family; some you adopt & fall in love with (Mandy & Brian, their 2 older boys; B.J.& Collin Eva; (the beautiful baby you've all come to know, love & watch grow); some are a challenge
( Coop-our framer, who we haven't heard from in at least 4 weeks); but between them & the transients, we'll get this house done before I turn 50! Remember, I turned 46 this June. So we have a good 4 years to persevere. I'm having one hell of a party for that!! And your all invited! It's the least I can do for making you all suffer with me thru this!
There are days I wonder what we signed on for.
Then there are days I stand here laughing at myself, as I look at the environment we're living in, our kitchen has nothing in it after 9 months but a fridge. The fridge has been there actually from month 2, but the water & ice line just got hooked up about 2 weeks ago, before that we bought ice at the grocery store & dumped it into the ice maker....( Rick & Cheryl, you understand...)
There are trash cans in our kitchen, family room & the loft. By trash cans, I'm talking the size you put out to the curb...... these are throughout our house.
I have found over the past few months that my cleaning tendancies are much more relaxed...
how often can you clean unsealed concrete? It creates it's own dust & it's every where.
We can't paint yet, drywall's not finished...(suprise, suprise) we're still living in the same 3 rooms that we started in over 9 months ago.

A friend sent this to me& I thought I'd share it with you.......
It doesn't hurt to take a hard look at yourself from time to time & this should get you started.
During a visit to a mental asylum, a visitor asked the Director what the criterion was which
defined whether or not a patient should be institutionalized.
"Well", said the Director, "we fill up a bathtub, then we offer a teaspoon, a teacup & a bucket to the patient & ask him or her to empty the bathtub".
"Oh, I understand", said the visitor, "a normal person would use the bucket because it's bigger than the teaspoon or teacup."
"No" said the Director, "a normal person will pull the plug. Do you want a bed near the window?"

So....how many of you are going to be checking in with me?
Who wants to be in the bed next to mine?


But seriously, as we sit outside on our partially finished deck having coffee this morning; watching the Hairy woodpecker feed it's babies from our suet feeder; watching a Great Blue Heron land on our neighbor's lawn, hear the shrill cry of the kingfisher as it dives for food, see the hummimgbirds flit from one feeder to the next or actually watch the Hummers teach their babies to eat, we watch the baby ducks grow, see the geese interact with the ducks & try to take over their territory; then we sit & look at each other & remember why we just love our home on the river. And all this during two cups of coffee....
Then of course there are the happy hours & fires in the evenings with the neighbors....boat rides we haven't taken yet (boats still not in the water, but we'll get there).
And as so many of you keep reminding us...(over & over again)...."But it will be beautiful when it's finished".






No comments: