Thursday, July 20, 2006

Painting Begins

The painter (please note singular) arrived as scheduled on the 19th. YIPPEE! Well actually it should only be a YIP; since only one of the crew of 3 showed up. The one that did show, apparently is not the sharpest tool in the box.....In the upper left picture you'll see a removable tension shower rod the drywall crew & I used to clip a light on, since there are no lights in the master bath yet. Well it's obviously at a strange angle & shouldn't be a permanent part of anyone's decor.....right?
Yep~you guessed it, he left it right where it was & painted around it!!!!
When I politely shared with him the next morning that it was a removeable rod & he could have taken it down, he replied "Oh, I didn't know, I thought it belonged there." "Don't you think it's a kind of strange angle for a shower curtain" I asked? "Well I didn't want to ask" he said. "Next time ,if you have a question please do ask-it'll will save you from re-doing the work" I replied.
Honest, I'm not making this stuff up-real life is definitely stranger than fiction! The scariest part is this guy does this all summer & holiday vacations, when he's not
TEACHING
SCHOOL!!! In fact, he'll be in late on Fri because he has a job interview at West Genessee school district (Cheryl-FYI) & in Cleveland, NY (Rick & Steph-FYI). We'll let you know who's alma mater he ends up at.......
So the stairs are obviously covered, we have enough primer & paint to start our own store,
the ceilings have been taped & the priming begun. They expect to be finished by next Thurs or Fri.

No comments: