Please note: a correction brought to the editor's notice for the prior post...it's a 3-way switched outlet not a 3-way recetacle. (picky, picky, picky)
Now on to more important information...
The 50 cent tour....
Well it's the first weekend in June & it's Judy's Birthday weekend. Judy & Bob bought our house next door-remember I told you a long time ago they're from Long Island?? Well their family & friends came from L. I. to celebrate the next chapter in Judy's Life. Of course we had to be there also....neighbors are required at milestones in your life; so if you're overserved at your celebration, they can bust your chops for a long time! (The phrase being "Overserved" must be down state slang...no one uses it up here except bartenders.Just an FYI new neighbors)
But, I digress...Judy brought her family over for a "House in Progress Tour".
DIDN'T they all walk in & hand me 2 quarters each???? Just lookin for that 50 cent tour...goes to show you...downstaters will pay for anything!
(Well I'll tell you I wasn't taking any suggestions without them puttin their 2 cents worth in too! I'm gonna make me some here money offa this! Which is hard to say, cause they fed us &treated us right real kind...but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. I'm collectin my 2 cents worth, that's what upstaters do...)
So, as I'm giving the tour (which I've gotten quite good at) & I'm talking about the guest bath vanity that fell off the truck. These downstaters are all laughing & I'm confused. We've got some repair work & faux finishing that needs to be done due to the damage from when it hit the road & slid across the pavement. WELL....apparently, as Lori shared with me..."falling off the back of a truck" has a whole different meaning downstate.
Our vanity actually did fall off the back of the truck when the tailgate opened in transit.
We learn something new every day.
Monday, June 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is really entertaining. I love reading your posts!
-Jill
Post a Comment