The Celebration of Martha's 46th Year on This Earth
Happy Birthday Week to ME....The first week of my 46th year on this earth was a week to remember. A friend who thought she was funny decided to get even (we'd sent her mutiple cards leading up to her 50th) & sent me quite a few cards to remind me my 46th was coming up.
So...Big Deal...Not quite the same as the BIG 50 is it Colleen????
Weather was hot & humid...makes for a very cranky Martha
(Poor Saint Thomas of Brewerton).
The week started out great-Monday was a play day, shopping & lunch with friends.
Tuesday just a work day; getting ready for the drywall crew to show up. Everything had to be out of the way , which included the ceiling shop light in the laundry room; so I was doing laundry by flashlight Tues eve. Hey-at least I didn't have to use a washboard.
Wednesday- Eva comes with an adorable gift for Auntie Martha
from her & her big brothers. A beautiful collection of towels. Especially the red towel fringed with ladybugs & embroidered with "Auntie Martha" on it for the Ladybug bath. (more on that bath later)
The drywallers also showed up...Saints Be Praised-our prayers are answered!
Thursday the 15th-the big day, dawns humid, bright & beautiful. Well a little too bright..migraine...a no quit migraine..cancel lunch; it was going to be another play day-I deserved it-no Eva today- just play. WRONG.
Thank goodness for drugs...that eve we were going to dinner & a play with special friends.
Play was great ( 5 Guys Named Moe-if you get a chance-catch it), dinner was great as usual & the dessert was delicious. My favorite-cheesecake. It was so good, I tried to convince the rest of the company to go for small slices so I'd be able to take home the left overs.
Got home about midnight (w/leftover cheesecake-yum).
Friday brought a baby who's 1st tooth is coming in & driving us both nuts, but it just won't come in.....(believe me, I invited it in just to get this over...)she's cranky,wants to be held,arms are flailing,feet are kicking, Aunt Martha is a jungle gym today, doesn't she scratch my cornea???? Damn...well it's not the first time, I'm an old hat at this.
But...I'll be damned if we're going to the neighbors for dinner with a patch on my eye. I'll do it later. (Vanity is thy downfall)
Besides, I'm sure a glass of good red wine will take the edge off the pain & our neighbors have good red wine!!!
It turned out to be a suprise dinner for my Birthday and they went all out!!!
We had the most awesome antipasta you have ever seen,wonderful red wine , pasta, balls, sausage w/sauce & shrimp scampi!!! We're damn glad they moved into the neighborhood & bought our house. Dessert was a mile high Bannana Cream Pie from our original next door neighbor whose now two doors down...Got that??
OK B'day dinner's over, I know I really need to patch my eye & call it a night, but it's such a beautiful night I thought I'd have a night cap on the deck. It's late, it's dark,don't I step on a flippin crowbar my husband must have left out just for me?!?!? Let me tell you it hurt like the dickens when I stepped on it. Cut my foot open....not bad enough for stitches, not good enough for a good night.
Sat. brings another migraine & a husband who installs a window A/C unit for his cranky wife.
I now have a cool haven & we're both glad this week is over.
Happy Birthday To Me.....
The next 51 weeks are going to bring many treasured memories of my 46th year, I'm sure.
Monday, June 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment