Friday, December 22, 2006

The Laundry Room















Is no longer bare! It's been decorated with my bear collection. I've collected bears since I was 11 y.o. & my parents bought the "expensive" paper towels so I could save the Viva seals & send away for my Viva teddy bear! (They went back to the store brand towels after that.) My love affair with teddy bears had begun.You'll find them surreptitiously placed thru out the house as each room nears completion (notice I did not say "when completed", unsure if it ever really will be). But there has to be a primary bear room & the laundry room just seemed to lend itself to it. So I unpacked my favorites from the attic& they all have a new home. Hey-if you have to do laundry it might as well be in an enjoyable atmosphere.
A few years ago Tom felt like he was being overrun by bears so we came up with a compromise. I wouldn't buy anymore bears, but if they were gifts -well no problem!
For example: For Eva's 1st Birthday, her Grama made her the most beautiful bear for her room. Of course being the dutiful aunt, I oohhed & aahhed over it.
(OK-I drooled & whined & begged.) In the beginning of Dec, a pkg arrives & isn't there the two most adorable bears looking for a home! Not one mind you but two! Talk about a spoiled Auntie! The "Grama Colleen" originals have a special place in the laundry room! Thanks Grama!

No comments: