
The first load of sand came in to start the landscaping process. Since we have to have both, an aerobic & a septic system installed, we need a layer of sand prior to covering the ground with topsoil.The retaining wall is my fault...there were a few trees that had to be removed in order to demolish the house that was here & start construction on the new house.
The tree in the front yard is the only one left in the front. I begged to not have it removed. In order to preserve it, a retaining wall needed to be installed, since the ground level needed to be raised for the septic systems. But raising the ground level that much around the tree would have killed it. So, Tom (my darling husband who spoils me) plots out what we need to do to make it all work. But some digging is involved for the retaining wall & now I'm worried about trauma to the root base. Doesn't the Handy-Dandy payloader operator say to me..."If the tree dies, you can plant another one in the same spot!" Right, after we spent all this money on the retaining wall & ramped sidewalk (for someday). I tell you though, double click on the photo grid...Tom & Stan did a helluva a job on that curved retaining wall..
(not quite the same as when U dbl clk on the Mandy & Tom tile show though). Sure is nice to see ongoing progress. I tell you though, I'm itching to get my hands in that dirt & start planting. BUT...What I keep getting is..."you need to let the dirt settle, then we'll come in & top it off". Next is..."you don't want to plant there, they'll trample all over your plants when they put the siding up on the house." I'm thinking perennials are 1/2 price now...even if they trample one....I'm still money ahead & I know what I want. We'll see what happens, keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment