Friday, May 12, 2006

Things Are Happening!!

Tom decided the original site for the island in the kitchen was no longer where he wanted it. Now remember, we built on a slab & everything we need to plumb the kitchen & 6 baths (but who's counting?), bring electricty to the kitchen & heat the flooring is buried under that slab; which we're now apparently going to alter.So we're going to jack hammer the concrete kitchen floor(relative term..I'm not jjjaaaccckkk hhhaaammmeeerrriiinnnggg anything).There are concrete chunks flying everywhere, our happy helper Dana says "I don't think I hit your new fridge". Yikes! Out come the drop cloths-cover the fridge, cover the windows..what were they thinking???
Well, you knew it was going to happen, (I gave you a clue, what's under the concrete?)Yep...the radiant heat line got hit with the jack hammer; who ever would have guessed it would have floated that close to the surface?!?A lovely water spray for Dana (& the ceiling & the floor), had to shut the system down.

I should have gone shopping......
Tom went to see his contact at the company we got the radiant heat flooring from, talked to them about how to fix the problem; "Umm, not sure.." was the response he got; by the time he left the company extremely frustrated,he knew he'd be figuring this one out on his own. Apparently they know how to install one on paper, they've never actually done one. Well you know Tom,he was creative & figured out a solution that was not extremely time consuming & the system is back up & running. Maybe we should patent it.

No comments: